Monday, June 17, 2013

I came as I was and You accepted me

   My lack of understanding who You truly are will distance me and lead me to sin and rebellion.  I can approach boldly.  Because of the thorns, the nails, the Blood.  The veil has been torn, from top to bottom.  I think of the woman who anointed You and kissed Your feet...the woman who bled for over a decade...the Roman centurion with a dying servant...bold, blind Bartimaeus.  You did not cast me away--even when I thought I could approach You in my own righteousness.  Your Spirit led me to Truth.  Though I was wrong, you answered my knocking.  You saved me.  So I come.  I approach.  I worship You in Spirit and Truth.

References:
Woman who kissed Jesus' feet: Luke 7:36-50
Bleeding woman: Luke 8:43-48
Roman centurion: Luke 7:1-10
Blind Bartimaeus: Mark 10:46-52

"When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth..." (John 16:13)

"...those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them." (John 6:37)

"For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." (John 4:24)

"Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.'" (Matthew 11:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment